DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
1. Name and contact information for the Controller as well as the Data Protection Officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Controller: paragon AG, Artegastraße 1, D-33129 Delbrück, Germany Email: email@example.com Phone: +49 (0)5250-9762-0 Fax: +49 (0)5250 – 976260
The data protection officer of paragon AG, Mr. Sascha Gebhardt, can be reached at the above-stated address or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and retention of personal data and nature and purpose of use
a) While visiting the website
When retrieving our website www.paragon.ag, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. The following information is captured without your involvement and is stored until automatic erasure:
· IP address of the retrieving computer, date and time of your access,
· name and URL of the retrieved file, website from which access occurs (referrer URL),
· browser used and possibly the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The listed data is processed by us for the following purposes:
· to ensure a seamless connection of the website,
· to ensure comfortable use of our website,
· to evaluate system security and stability, and
· for further administrative purposes.
Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. f GDPR is the legal basis for data processing. Our legitimate interest follows from the data capture purposes listed above. Under no circumstances will we use the collected data to draw conclusions as to your person.
b) When registering for our information service
Insofar as you have expressly granted your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. a GDPR, we use your email address to regularly send you current information. Disclosure of an email address suffices to receive this information. You can unsubscribe at any time.
c) When using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the option of contacting us through a form provided on our website. Entering a valid email address is necessary here, so that we know from whom the inquiry originates and in order to enable us to answer it. Further information can be entered voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of establishing contact with us pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. a GDPR is based on your voluntary consent.
3. Forwarding data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for any purposes other than those listed below.
We forward your personal data to third parties only if:
· You have granted your express consent to do so pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. a GDPR,
· forwarding is necessary pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. f GDPR to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims and no reason exists to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in nondisclosure of your data, a statutory disclosure obligation exists pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. c GDPR, and
· this is permitted by law and necessary pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. b GDPR for processing the contractual relationship with you.
Information arising in connection with the specific terminal device used by you is placed in the cookie. However, this does not mean that we gain direct knowledge of your identity through this information.
We also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a specific period. If you visit our website again to use our services, we automatically recognize that you have already visited us and which entries and settings you chose, so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed through the cookies are necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that you are always notified before a new cookie is placed. The complete deactivation of cookies can, however, result in your inability to use all functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking tools listed below and used by us are used based on Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. f GDPR. We use these tracking tools to ensure appropriate design and continuous optimization of our website. We also use tracking tools to capture the use of our website statistically and in order to evaluate such for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are deemed to be legitimate in terms of the above-stated regulation.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories are listed in the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google") for the appropriate design and continuous optimization of our pages. Pseudonymized user profiles are created in this context and cookies are used (see Clause 4 above). The information generated by the cookie concerning your use of this website, e.g.
· browser type/version, used operating system,
· referrer URL (the previously visited website),
· hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
· time of server inquiry,
are transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. This information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to generate reports concerning website activities, and to provide further services in connection with website use and Internet use for the purpose of market research and appropriate design of these internet pages. This information may also be transmitted to third parties insofar as this is required by law or insofar as third parties process such data on our behalf. Your IP address is not combined with other data by Google under any circumstances. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an allocation is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies through corresponding settings of your browser software; in this case, however, you may not be able to fully utilize all functions of this website.
You can furthermore prevent the capture of data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as processing of this data by Google by downloading a browser add-on and installing it (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Alternative to the browser add-on, in particular when using browsers on mobile terminal devices, you can also prevent capture through Google Analytics by clicking on this link tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This places an opt-out cookie that prevents the future capture of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie applies only to that browser and only for our website and is placed on your device. If you delete the cookies in that browser, you must once again place the opt-out cookie.
Further information concerning data protection in connection with Google Analytics is available e.g. in Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
6. Data subject's rights
You have the right:
· pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR to request information concerning your personal data processed by us. In particular, you have the right to request information concerning processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to which your data was or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data insofar as such were not collected by us, and of the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, concise information concerning such details;
· pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to immediately request correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us; pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR to request erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to free speech and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to assert, exercise, or defend against legal claims;
· pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR to request limiting the processing of your personal data insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, processing is unlawful but you refuse the erasure of such and we no longer require the data, you however require such to assert, exercise, or defend against claims, or you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
· pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR have the right to request your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly available, and machine-readable format, or to request transmission to another controller; pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR to at any time withdraw your consent previously granted to us. The consequence of this is that we will no longer be permitted to continue data processing based on this consent for the future, and
· pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you can contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or workplace or of our company headquarters.
7. Right to object
Insofar as your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data insofar as reasons exist that arise from your particular situation or the objection is against direct advertisement. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without disclosure of a particular situation.
If you wish to assert your right to object or to withdraw, an email to email@example.com suffices.
8. Data security
Within your visit of the website, we use the common SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) combined with the respective maximum encryption level supported by your browser. Generally, this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, we instead use 128 bit v3 technology. You can see whether an individual page of our Internet presence is encrypted by the padlock symbol in the status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved pursuant to technological advances.
9. Topicality and modification of this privacy statement
This privacy statement is currently applicable and was last updated in May 2018.
A modification of this privacy statement may be necessary due to the continued development of our website and offers or based on modified statutory or official requirements. The respective current privacy statement is available at any time on our website under www.paragon.ag and can be printed out by you.